Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Beauty of Make-Up Done Right!



Did you know that i'm a certified make-up artist? No....seriously, I am! Right after I graduated high school, that's what I thought I wanted to do. So I put my two week notice in at the bank I was working at and went back to school. Needless to say, it didn't work as planned, but not because I didn't like it. I just found another passion [cough cough - photography] Anyway. Even though it wasn't what I was supposed to do, I still know a bit about it, and how different applications affect your appearance in photos. I could go into all those details but that's not what this post is about - sorry to burst your bubble [maybe in a future post] :P 

Now don't laugh! Below are three pictures of myself....that I took....can we say selfie status! I got to play make-up and get dolled up for the afternoon. The first one is without any make-up on [how embarrassing] :D The second is a neutral/simple eye and bold lip. And the third is a bold dark eye and a nude lip. 


[No Make-up]




[Simple eye and bold lip]



[bold dark eye and nude lip]


Now please don't confuse what i'm doing here. I am really REALLY out of practice with application. I just want to give you a visual of what proper application of make-up can do and how a session [like boudoir] can jump to the next level when you decide to have your make-up done professionally. There are so many AMAZING make-up artist that I know who are completely skilled in their craft [much more the I] They know the ins and outs of shadowing and highlighting, which is kind of a big deal when being photographed. They know the art of blending and what colors go where! And they just do AMAZING work. 

So, if you've been debating on booking a session boudoir or not, think about adding on that professional make-up option. I'm not trying to sell you on this....OK, maybe I am a little. ;)


As always. Until we chat again!
xoxo


Ashley Kingsley 
Kingsley House Photography 



No comments:

Post a Comment