Monday, April 28, 2014

Why Boudoir???



This past week was delightfully out of my norm and element. I had met several different women at different functions, whether it be a casual one on one get together, at a park, or a ladies nights in, to all be introduced by a common friend. The topic of what I do, came up at each event...which isn't anything to be surprised about. I mean, when you're just meeting somebody all those "normal getting to know you" questions surface. "I'm a photographer" Oh cool ok...great! "Yeah I specialize in boudoir photography" And the eyes get wide with.....surprise. Shock. Wonder....and maybe, just maybe a little embarrassment.

Oh. OH!!!! Like, sexy pictures? 

This got me thinking. I haven't explained really WHY boudoir photography. Besides my already known love for photography and being able to be a artist and create, I chose boudoir because I absolutely LOVE making women feel like the beautiful creature that God made us to be. It is NOTHING to be embarrassed about. If I can be that person to help a young lady capture her youth and energy on film, i'll do it. If I can be that person to help bring back a spark in a marriage, then i'll do it! If I can be that person to build confidence in a women, then you can bet your behind i'll do it! 




"I absolutely LOVE making women feel like the beautiful creature that God made us to be" 

Ashley Kingsley - Kingsley House Photography





I've been asked if it makes me feel uncomfortable to see women in lingerie. My answer has stayed the same since that question was asked to now. NO. Not at all. One - because once that session starts, it's work. I am the photographer, and you are my canvas, my subject, my art. Two - growing up in Hawai'i i've been around women in bikinis my whole life. lingerie is nothing different except the fabric and sometimes lingerie even covers more. Plus, my job is to make YOU feel comfortable in front of my camera. 

Lastly, as much as i'm all for boudoir sessions being booked and purchased as gifts for a significant other [It makes a GREAT gift by the way] To me it is most rewarding to hear that my women are energized and revived by the end of our session. To hear that they feel liberated and beautiful. That right there, is pure confirmation that i'm doing something right! 



As always, until we chat again! 

Ashley Kingsley
Kingsley House Photography 


No comments:

Post a Comment